How do you fix a bilge pump with so many things going wrong with it? When I removed our old Whale / Henderson Mk5 the only thing that WAS working was the motor – everything else seemed to be broken. The diaphragm, the inlet valve, the outlet valve and even the screw holes were worn out so they all had to be replaced from the service pack.
Before fixing it back in place I tested it in a bucket of water then gave the grey water bilge a much needed clean and gave the bonding strap its annual check up too.
PLEASE NOTE: YouTube have disabled comments on most of our video blogs (and on other family channels) due to safeguarding issues regarding minors on the YouTube platform. In response, we have enabled comments for these videos on our Facebook page and Patreon page and begun a monthly blogspot called: ‘FROM THE COCKPIT’ where we respond to comments questions and issues relating to travel and sailing with kids.. and live-aboard life in general.
Help towards video production / editing / data costs & get bonus content!
▷AMAZON WISH LIST:
Books and items we’d LOVE to have onboard.. as soon as budget or Santa Claus allows!
Help towards the cost of travel to places further off the beaten track.. or ice cream!
Share our channel with others – just copy and paste this link!
▷THIS VIDEO LINK:
Copy and paste the link below to share THIS particular video!
Photos/videos of far off places, our Amel, crew, and other sailing images
Updates, comments and news as it happens!
We’re not on Twitter much – so direct messages only!
Our website with deeper insights and links to other resources
▷Follow our boat on NOFOREIGNLAND: