24 HOURS at SEA With INJURED Kid – We didn’t talk or show much about it during this Gennaker Sailing video but one of our biggest fears with living on the sea is that one of us gets really hurt during a crossing. Luckily Benjamin just experienced a strained muscle in his neck this time during our sailing life – which we suspected from the beginning. Even though it was a light injury one of us was almost constantly with him to support him through his pain – he had it tough. Being for longer periods on the sea, a lot can happen. Especially when the weather gets rougher and fatigue kicks in while sailing. When Benjamin was 6 months old, we flew in two doctors who trained us how to give first aid to Benjamin at sea. We got to learn that 80% of the injuries are perfectly treatable by us and we would have more than enough time to eventually reach a doctor. But with the other 20%, you need to get to a hospital within 24 hours. Which is not possible a lot of times when you live on the sea….so we felt extremely grateful for Benjamin ‘just having a strained muscle’ and that we had such a peaceful and slow sail – especially since we are in autumn and heavy weather is coming. Join us in slow sailing and a spiritual crossing, the end of our sailing Croatia family adventure – all part of our full-time travel family life. A simple life on the sea.

NOTE – by accident we used photos that aren’t from Rovinj at 6:21. We never saw Rovinj by light and used Istock photos. We made a wrong turn there. Sorry for this!

Episode #071

00:00 a new adventure
01:27 preparing for our 24 hours at sea crossing
03:03 first leg of the crossing to get PCR test
07:13 start of the night crossing to Venice
07:58 raising Gennaker in night
09:25 morning gennaker sail in the middle of Adriatic sea
10:03 Benjamin injured his head
12:00 slow sailing
17:48 boat jobs while sailing
18:17 entering Italian territorial waters under sail
20:24 our love story of Venice
23:50 sunset and arriving at Venice

Hope you will enjoy this episode of our sailing family vlog.

Don’t forget to give us a thumbs up, subscribe and hit that bel!

Love you guys! Thanks for watching & Feel the Breeze

Benjamin, Rianne & Gerben

Feel the Breeze family | a business coupe exploring the world with their kid | sailing family exploring the world


🎥 Filming: Rianne & Gerben
🎬 Editing: Pedro Wessels
🎼 Music: Epidemic Sounds – https://bit.ly/2JtnQEN

THE TOOL for YouTube creators we LOVE: https://bit.ly/3CfQqQl

↓ Join the Feel the Breeze Family on Patreon ↓
for invites on board, live Q&A’s, brand deals, discount on our products and online courses: https://www.patreon.com/feelthebreeze/

You can support our channel via:
▸ Give it a thumbs up, subscribe and hit that bell
Totally free & you will never miss out on our video’s
▸ Become a member on Patreon and get extra value:
▸ Join in on our online courses, masterclasses or coaching programs: https://www.feelthebreeze.nl/ftb-mindset
▸ Start your dream life with our free downloads & other giveaways: https://www.feelthebreeze.nl/giveaways

Follow us on:
YouTube https://bit.ly/3qsaGc8
Instagram https://bit.ly/3mNJKS8
Facebook https://bit.ly/3g7lcRq
Rianne instagram https://bit.ly/2VzNnim
Gerben instagram https://bit.ly/33EVa2X
Join our newsletter https://www.feelthebreeze.nl/

Listen to our podcast:

Enjoy our Feel the Breeze products:

Our gear and favorite products:
▸ GoPro hero 8 https://amzn.to/2WrhgSq
▸ GoPro hero 9 https://amzn.to/2KAseT0
▸ GoPro Max https://amzn.to/2KCKtXV
▸ Canon 5D – Mark 2 https://amzn.to/3p5p60n
▸ Rhode mic https://amzn.to/2LGlof9
▸ Rode NT-USB mic https://amzn.to/34tsaLN
▸ AT2020 USB mic https://amzn.to/2WvJqvG
▸ Maverick DJI Drone https://amzn.to/3nDaeGm
▸ Headset – Sony https://amzn.to/38gTb6p

All of our favorite products – https://bit.ly/2VzO1MO

▸ SUPER B (Batteries): http://bit.ly/3cMj6GN
▸ RAYMARINE (Electronics) http://bit.ly/3rwzgrU
▸ ANCORA (Healthy lifestyle): http://bit.ly/39So03a

For the full list of Collaborating Partners, check our website:

Our Editor: Pedro Wessels
Instagram | https://bit.ly/33LMvvH
YouTube | https://bit.ly/33MadaW

NOTE: Some links are affiliate links and it would be amazing if you use those. The small commission we get, we use for our Feel the Breeze foundation that supports children who don’t have a safe haven. There are no extra costs for you. It is a great way to say thank you for the inspiration and the groundwork we have done and to support others in need, but don’t feel obligated to use them!