GUYS! We FINALLY sail & make it to the GREAT BARRIER REEF, experincing Lady Musgrave Island as our first stop. I almost have a heart attack as we’re dodging coral bombies within the lagoon while trying to find a safe spot to anchor at the famous coral cay. 😳
– Lady Musgrave is the southern-most island in the Capricorn Cay
– It’s set on 3000 acres of living reef
– Lady Musgrave’s protected lagoon stretches eight kilometres around the island
– The island is built entirely of coral polyps and is covered in dense pisonia forest
– Over 1500 species of fish as well as manta rays, reef sharks and sea turtles live here.
Sick of covid lockdowns, John and I (Kristina) purchased a 50ft Jeanneau Sun Odyssey with just a few weeks sailing experience under our belt. Our dream is to sail her to Great Barrier Reef and beyond! John has always been pretty adventurous, and I’ve always been a bit of a dreamer, so it was no surprise, we have this crazy grand plan to one day sail the world. Come join us for the ride!
Thank you guys for your support – it really means so much! ❤️
If you want to follow us for behind the scenes content you can find us here:
#17 #Sailing #LadyMusgrave #GreatBarrierReef #Australia